The Ministry of Labour, Welfare and Social Insurance has recently announced amendments in relation to the Social Insurance Regulations, that went into force on 13 September 2021.
The main amendments are the following:
- The application for registration of an employer should be submitted no later than one (1) day before the date that the applicant is expected to become an employer.
- Each employer should notify the Social Insurance Services of each employee recruitment, no later than one (1) day before the recruitment.
If there are employees that are not registered to the Social Insurance Services, their employer must submit the relevant application form within seven (7) days from the commencement
of their employment.
The notification of new recruitments will be made only electronically through the new Information system “ERGANI”, which is located on https://ergani.mlsi.gov.cy .
- Each employer must keep a recruitment register, in which they must include the below personal information for each employee:
- Sequence number of hiring
- Name and Surname
- ID card number
- Social Insurance number
- Date of recruitment
- Date of commencement of employment
Also, it is noted that as from 13 September 2021, the issuance and use of the “Certificate of commencement of employment” (the triplicate form) will be abolished.
Our team is always available to assist you with the registration to ‘ERGANI’ Information System.